Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:08:12 -0400
From:      Gene W Homicki <gwh@spiders.com>
To:        "Jim Bodkins (Prologic)" <bodkins@prologic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java and why I have trouble sleeping.

 +---
 | Jesse Noller - The problem that I had with JRun was the depricated
 | version of tar that was used to build elements of the .sh not JRun
 | itself. I have never managed to untar the thing. I did install an "old"
 | version of tar and even that didnt work. So whether JRun works or not, I
 | have no idea. Dead end right now. I tried posting in general JRun
 +---

The last time I installed JRun (version 3.0 - I haven't checked to see
if the installer with 3.1 works any better) I ended up installing it on
a Solaris box,  taring up the installed configuration, and then copying to a
FreeBSD box.  This was easier/faster than mucking with their broken (on
FreeBSD) installer.  It worked but was indeed a hassle.

The (mostly security) patches/updates tend to install properly at least.

Gene

--
Gene W. Homicki                               gwh@spiders.com
Objective Consulting, Inc.                    http://www.spiders.com/