Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:35:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Oliveiro <joe@advancewebhosting.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bandwidth Monitoring

I have a 3com switch which is broadcasting all network traffic to the port
that my computer is plugged into, so i can see all network traffic.

i have multiple class C's which are in use by computers on the
network. Most of these computers are not running SNMPD. I would like to
create a bandwidth usage graph per IP on the network, so each IP address
will have its own graph.

These graphs cant be done via mrtg since not every computer has the SNMPD
running and the task of installing it is not possible. Is there a program
which will sniff/sample network traffic and create this graph that i am
looking for?

IE: sample/sniff traffic to/from an IP address and create a graph based on
this information?

Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today"
Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow"
FreeBSD: "Hey,when are you guys going to catch up"