Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 17:54:32 -0500
From:      "Frank Griffith" <frankg@idfw.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   MAKEDEV for COM4

I have FreeBSD 2.2.7 running on a Pentium 266 system.
I have a USR 33.6 external modem plugged up and
working wonderfully on COM2 on this system. I just
installed a Zoltrix 56KFlex modem but can't seem to
get the thing running. I have this modem set for COM4,
IRQ5.

When my computer boots, I see the modem at
address 02E8 in the startup screen. Then the system
boots to FreeBSD but I never see anything found at
IRQ 5. So on I go and try to MAKEDEV ttyd3 but I get
the error message:

        MAKEDEV: Command not found

I run MAKEDEV from the /dev folder, but still no go. Can
anyone help me with this?