Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:13:17 -0500
From:      "David Frascone" <frasconebulk@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Best way to boot / install a mac?

I think I'm becoming an expert on installing BSD on macs now . . . I've done
it many times :)

But, I would like some advice from those who are also doing it:

1) Is there any alternative to 4-fingering the boot?  Also, why not wipe all
partitions and boot from TFTP to get the loader?  Would that work?

i.e. boot enet:,loader -- and then let loader somehow find the kernel /
filesystems on the disk?

2) If you don't care about OS X, is there any alternative way to partition
the disk?  My powermac does not have a DVD drive in it, so I have to plug in
a PC drive to boot off of my OS X dvd.  I'd prefer to repartition more
natively -- even if it means getting the loader via TFTP.

Let me know what you think!

-Dave