Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:00:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ensel Sharon <user@dhp.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Adaptec 2820sa redux, and possible problems

Additional tests reveal that an rsync from array0 -> array1 also causes
the kernel controller to crash, etc.

Both arrays can survive a brutal (big, long, lots of inodes) rsync, and
they can even survive it when they are done simultaneously.  They just
can't survive it to each other (although I was surprised that an rsync
over ssh behaved the same as a 'mv' or a 'cp'...)

The good news is, it doesn't seem to be a bad card or corrupt memory or
anything, since the crash is predictable and non-randomm.

All disk caching is turned off in the controller, and the arrays were
created with no read or write caching.  There is no hardware (disk or
controller) caching going on of any kind.  Any other information I can
provide ?

Thanks.