Date:      Mon, 09 Apr 2001 08:09:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Massimo Lusetti <massimo@datacode.it>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble with timeouts after installing an U160LVD

Scrive "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>:

> >hello, world\n
> >
> >I bought me a brand new shiny IBM DDYS-T18350N Ultra160LVD drive. My
> >host adapter at this time does not support U160 SCSI, it's an ASUS
> P2L97S with
> >on-board SCSI provided by an Adaptec AIC 7880. My understanding
> however
> >is that the U160 drive will adapt to the slower bus (I may well be
> doing
> >something silly here...) , which it apparently does (snippet from
> >dmesg):
>
> What version of FreeBSD are you using?  If you boot verbose, what
> messages
> are printed while probing the SCSI controller?  It may be that the
> driver is not properly enabling termination.  It could also be that
> one
> of your cables is marginal.

Well, here i've the same problem on a Netfinity x220 with aic7892, i've
replaced the cable and things are going slitghly better but error message came
out sometime.

I don't think i've hardware problem cause Linux and Window$ on the same machine
work without any problem.

Or do you tell me that FreeBSD is much more fine tuned ot catch that error ? :)

Regards.
-----
Massimo Lusetti
Network Department Manager