Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 10:52:41 -0600
From:      "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARP bug (was Re: Help!!! Severe PPP problems)

At 09:20 AM 3/18/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Great, now update to -stable now and the remaining problems willl go
>away, and you will also be heading off some problems you haven't yet
>seen.
>
>You are now seeing the infamous 'arp' bug, which is fixed in all
>newer versions of FreeBSD after 2.1R.  Get the stable bits (or at least
>a newer copy of /sys/netinet/in_rmx.c) and life will be good.
>
>Nate

THANKS!!!  Ok - how do I get to stable from 2.1 release? My 2.1 release
system has a 'dedicated' connection to the internet. Should I just grab the
/sys/netinit/in_rmx.c code (from where?) and remake the kernel? Is there a
clean way to upgrade to 2.1-stable? I've never done upgrades (just fresh
installs). Thanks for the info!

Jay West