Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:53:34 -0800
From:      "Chris Smith" <chrissmith@mgci.com>
To:        "Steven" <steven@trance.org>
Cc:        "Freebsd Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NATD and network neighbourhood

You should be able to accomplish this by putting a redirect_port statement
for port 137 and port 139 in your /etc/natd.conf, that should provide an
open communication for netbios browse broadcasts to be sent and received, of
course it also defeats the purpose of putting your computer behind a
firewall, so don't forget to password protect your network shares.

I'm not sure if anything has to be added to the routing table on the natd
box though, or if anything else has to be done to smooth over the comms
through the gateway, anyone?

Chris Smith
IT Department
American Group Administrators