Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:09:33 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org, olivas@digiflux.org, chris@unixpages.org
Subject:   Re: Project to improve FreeBSD PR

> today i had a look at the new issues of c't and iX (biggest german computer t
> ech magazines) and there is _no_ mentioning of freebsd 5 at all.
>
> shall i send them our press release by fax?

Sounds a good idea to send something.

> does anyone have relations to heise( publisher of these magazines)?

One or more on the German speaking lists @de.freebsd.org have,
but I don't remember who.  Type
	Heise
into the search box of
	http://www.freebsd.org
& you end here
	http://www.freebsd.org/de/index.html
& go to
	http://www.de.freebsd.org
& search again & you find EG
	http://univ.dyndns.org/freebsd/search-de/index.cgi?query=heise&max=20&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=questions

Best search or ask .de lists   EG
	questions@de.freebsd.org
has by far the heaviest traffic.
Just becaus you'r not geographically in Germany doesn't mean you shouldn't
use German language resources when needed ;-)  (assuming you speak German).

> another thing that i am wondering about is how do i get material for a freebs
> d booth. there is an opensource event in every major city in austria between
> mai and june called linuxweeks  (www.linuxwochen.at) i had a talk with one of
>  the "managers" and they would also like to see a freebsd booth. i think it w
> ould be nice to sell some of the freebsd 5.x isos, shirts and have some mater
> ial/handouts for the visitors.

There was a Linuxday down towards Swiss end of Austria a few months
back, (Bodensee/Constance) Vorarlberg Linux Club or some such.  One
of the BSD speakers was recruited from the pool of people who are
subscribed to lists on majordomo@de.freebsd.org.

PS If you want to keep tabs on BSD people/events in South Germany/Bavaria,
we have Berkeley In Munich at http://www.berklix.org/bim/

Good luck with the advocacy.

Julian Stacey
jhs @ berklix.com   Computer Systems Engineer, Unix & Net Consultant, Munich.
  Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Schnupftabak probieren.
  Munich BSD Conference:		http://berklix.org/conf/
  Spam phrases triggering deletion:	http://berklix.com/jhs/mail/