Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:07:35 -0400
From:      "Charles A. Peters" <cpeters2@home.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Firewall Samples

I have a client that I have just installed a dual hommed gateway for
internet access via a cable modem.  This client has 9 Windoze98 boxes
connected to the gateway for internet access.

This particular client wants their users to only be able to connect
to one web site initially, but the list will grow.

I also need to be able to connect to the server via telnet from any
of 3 ip addresses for remote maintenance.

They also want to be able to be supported by PCAnywhere using tcp/ip
through the firewall.

I am looking for various firewall samples which will allow these
transactions.

The network is setup as follows:

	9	Win98 boxes, ip: 192.168.0.100 , 192.168.0.101 , etc...
			gateway is at 192.168.0.1

	1	dual hommed freebsd 2.2.7 gateway with 2 nics
			external	123.123.123.123	(not the real ip address)
			internal	192.168.0.1 	the gateway nic

	1	cable modem

I am fairly new to firewalls, and will be setting up a test firewall
at my office to debug configurations before delivering to my client.

Any Pointers?

Thanks in advance!

Charles

cpeters2@home.com