Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:14:36 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        "J. W. Ballantine" <"jwb"@akiva.homer.att.com@ulysses.homer.att.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: packages and os version problem]

> "J. W. Ballantine" wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been tracking 2.2-stable through several releases via CTM.  Recently I tried to add a package
> > from the 2.2.8-RELEASE cd after I had updated to 2.2.8-stable and I got a message about the package
> > being for 2.2.8-RELEASE, but the system was version 2.2.X (where X was the original release I loaded).
> >
> > When I attempted to run a package I have added, I received the following error:
> >
> > tinlizzie $ /usr/local/Acrobat3/bin/acroread sport336.pbf
> > The OS named FreeBSD version 2.2.8-STABLE is currently not installed.
> > Try running on a installed platform and connecting to your display.
> > Installed platform(s) include the following:
> >   Intel/Linux
> >

> Yes, I had this problem too. There is either another binary in the
> /usr/local/Acrobat3 tree, or you need to start it with an option.
> Can't remember which, I'm at work now, but I'll check when I get home
> (about an hour) and e-mail you with a definitive answer.
>
> HTH

OK, you need to run /usr/local/bin/acroread. It's a shell script, not
binary

--
  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

           My homepage http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~markov
Mark Ovens, CNC Apps Engineer,   |    mailto:marko@uk.radan.com
Radan Computational Ltd          |         http://www.radan.com
Bath, England. CAD/CAM solutions | FreeBSD - The Power To Serve
for the Sheetmetal Work industry.|       http://www.freebsd.org