Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 09:05:17 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
To:        hoek@hwcn.org (Tim Vanderhoek)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What's the interest in standard tools rewritten in perl?

> On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Søren Schmidt wrote:
>
> [re: make the world with perls]
>
> > base utils. For one this is a total waste of time (and maybe talent),
>
> Of course, perhaps the holder of this time & talent has no
> interest in doing anything "better".  :-)

Hmm, right...

> > the other is that it will render us completely incompatible with the
> > rest of the BSD world. I think that nobody would be stupid enough to
> > willingly takeover that kind of maintenance burden...
>
> No, since presumably we will gain such huge advantages by
> rewriting everything in perl that the rest of the BSD world will
> have little choice but to adopt our version.

That will be the day :), well at least we will serve the same purpose
as Micro$lot then, make sure that you have to get the latest greatest
hardware to get mediocre performance, sigh....

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..