Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:52:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
To:        atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   New version of ngATM

Hi there,

I've put a new version of ngATM on my web-page:

  http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/ngatm

this version contains a number of bug fixes. The biggest change is, that
it now runs on sparc64. So I expect most byte-order and word-size related
problems to be fixed (in fact there were almost no such problems). It is
now possible to use PCA200 and HE155 cards in sparcs. The drivers are
fully busdmayfied.

For HARP users there is a harp pseudo-driver if_harp. This driver attaches
to all ngATM interfaces in the system and creates a HARP physical
interface for each ngATM interface (using the same name - the interfaces
are in different name spaces). It is then possible to use all HARP stuff
over these interfaces.

In the not so far future this allows us to converge between the different
ATM driver types in the system. An ngATM driver can be used with HARP,
NATM and ngATM, even at the same time (well using both ngATM and HARP
signalling requires the use of different signalling VCIs).

harti
--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private
              brandt@fokus.fraunhofer.de, harti@freebsd.org