Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 1997 19:09:37 -0500
From:      dkelly@HiWAAY.net
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pppd version in 2.2.5?

Discussions with Greg Lehey about pppd indicate -current has a kernel
pppd that does automatic on-demand dialing and idle disconnect much
like user-ppp.

Is this supposed to be in 2.2.5 too? Am I holding my tongue wrong when
I cvsup using "*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_2_2" (that's only part
of my cvsup config).

The only way I've found to determine pppd's version was to run it and
read /var/log/messages:
Oct  7 17:20:00 nospam pppd[3215]: pppd 2.2.0 started by dkelly, uid 928

And this is uname -a:
FreeBSD nospam.hiwaay.net 2.2-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE #0: Mon Oct  6
21:00:32 CDT 1997     root@nospam.hiwaay.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/PPRO166
i386

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net