Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:22:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Arone Silimantia <aronesimi@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   "proper" method of changing dummynet limit ?

Hello,

I currently implement a dummynet rate limit, after boot up, with this sequence:

sysctl -w net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=0
ipfw pipe 1 config bw 10Mbit/s
ipfw add 10000 pipe 1 all from any to any

Easy.

My question is, if I want to change the rate from 10 Mbit/s to 20 Mbit/s, do I just reissue the 'ipfw pipe' command:

ipfw pipe 1 config bw 20Mbit/s

while leaving the ipf rule in place ?  Or should I tear down rule 10000 first, and tear down the pipe, and start from scratch ?

Is it safe to just reissue the pipe command on the fly like that ?