Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:56:32 -0200
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        msch@snafu.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dump(8) + UFS2

Matthias Schuendehuette wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it seems to me that 'dump' (8) is not able to dump UFS2 Filesystems.
>
> First it shows an extraordirarily large number of estimated tape blocks
> for my tiny /var-partition and after that it dumps core while trying to
> dump my not so tiny /usr partition.
>
> Is this a known issue? Are there any recommendations how to backup UFS2
> filesystems reliably?

Well, I once restored something to UFS2 (converting my partitions...).
It was quite funny to see 102.7% was complete, and it would end in 0
(minutes, one assume).

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Fundamentalist Debianites, core children of the Linuxen....
        sounds like it could come from the Book of Mormon, or Tolkien on
	a bad day..."