Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2000 03:12:52 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        rshea@opendoor.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NATD/"spoofing" and IPFW

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 20:47:34 +1200  rshea@opendoor.co.nz wrote:
 +------------------
 | Hi - I'm new to FreeBSD and trying to make my FreeBSD machine
 | act as a gateway/firewall to the office LAN. The connection to the
 | i'net is via a cable modem with a fixed IP address. I am using
 | IPFW as the firewall and in rc.conf I have set firewall_type to
 | "simple". The machines on the LAN use addresses in the range
 | 192.168.10.xx.
 +------------------

I'm sure that you put the

    options IPFIREWALL
    options IPDIVERT

lines into your kernel config file and rebuilt the kernel?
And you natd_enabled="YES" so when you run

    ipfw show

the first line of output looks something like

    00050 6798 3443198 divert 8668 ip from any to any via xl0

Hope that you find the problem

chris

--
    Chris Fedde