Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 15:05:23 -0700
From:      "Adam Lofstedt" <adaml@visimation.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CVSUP not working

Sorry for the amateur questions, but I have been pulling my hair out
trying to get cvsup to work.  Every time I try it, I get:

cvsup: command not found

I installed FreeBSD 4.5 from the ISO CD.  I installed the developer
canned distribution without X.  First I tried to install cvsup by
typing:

# pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui

It appeared to download and install without a flaw.  I created my
supfile in /root called supfile-all.  Then, I tried to cvsup by typing:

# cvsup -g -L 2 supfile-all

All I got was:
# cvsup: command not found

I tried to get help:
# cvsup -h

But no luck...  Command not found

I even tried:
# cvsup-without-gui -h

Nothing.  So I reinstalled from scratch (only took a few minutes).  This
time, I cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui and then typed "make install
clean".  After it appeared to install, I recreated my supfile again,
tried # cvsup supfile-all and # cvsup -h.  Again nothing.  Command not
found.

I must be really stupid...  Can someone help?

Adam Lofstedt