Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:40:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem cvsup'ing gnats

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Mark Ovens wrote:

> > > How does all this work without a tag?
> >
> > 	The question you really want to ask yourself is, what do the tags mean,
> > and why _would_ you specify a tag to slurp the gnats files?
> >

> The answer to both your questions (I know you posed 3, but I don't
> want hitting with a stick)

	Don't knock it till you've tried it. :)

> is that I (mis)understood that if there was
> no ``tag='' entry then ``tag=.'' was the default, i.e. src-all would
> get you -current.

	The . tag for cvsup is just a handy reference to HEAD in cvs. You
didn't really answer my question, which is what do the tags mean. Here's a
hint for you. Where are the ,v files for the gnats collection?

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire