Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 08:40:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@public.bta.net.cn>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xterm won't load

> Well, except for that minor glitch, 2.0.5 to 2.1.5 is a win (because I
> remembered to back up my XF86Config; probably that, and the COMPAT_43
> requirement should be more prominently documented).
>
> Kudos on the fixed psm driver, which finally enables me to run Tcl/Tk,
> bitmap, etc., on my Toshiba.

Umm, I don't think we've done much with the psm driver since 2.0.5, but
if it works congratulations!

> As soon as I figure out how to get the PCMCIA support working for my modem
> I'll probably donate a chunk of cash to the cause, such will be my state of
> delirious joy.

2.1.5 doesn't have PCMCIA support enabled.  The PCMCIA chipset code
actually exists, but none of the PCMCIA specific drivers nor the
userland code is in 2.1.5.  You'll need to run -current, or at least
hack in patches into 2.1.5.

Nate