Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2011 19:22:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark <redtick@sbcglobal.net>
To:        Saul A Peebsen <jaglover@gmail.com>
Cc:        freeb list <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Headless box with PVR-250 - ideas needed

I use this script to record in a headless box. I shell into the box to set the script. My set top box allows me to scheduals the programs to watch so I don't need a irblaster.

#######################################
## Primative Capture Script          ##
## Enter Run Time in Minutes         ##
## Direct Command Line Control       ##
## Example - sh capcxm 20 filename   ##
##                                   ##
## Timed Start using at command      ##
## at time mm/dd/yyyy                ##
## /path/capture 20 filename         ##
## ^D  ## to set and escape          ##
#######################################
#!/bin/sh -
DURATION=$(expr $1 \* 60)
NAME=$2
STORE=/d14
if [ -n "$DURATION" ]
 then if [ -n "$NAME" ]
    then echo Run Time $(expr $DURATION / 60) Minutes
      cat /dev/cxm0 > ${STORE}/${NAME}.mpg & CATPID=$!
    sleep $DURATION
   echo ${STORE}/${NAME}.mpg Done
   kill $CATPID
  else
     echo "Input error, use format sh capcxm 20 filename"
 fi
fi

#### end
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell