Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 1998 02:57:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, core@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh wrote:
> 	We'll be very happy if we can merge ours into, but it is up to
> 	core-team to decide which IPv6 stack to be merged.  There are
> 	several candidates such as NRL, INRIA, and others.
> 	I asked about the merge in the past several times, but the answer
> 	was "core team do not want to decide that at this moment".
> 	(how is the situation right now? >core-team)

I wouldn't say that a main-tree merge would be the way to go but rather a
vendor branch like the CAM stuff (i believe.)

It would allow some hacking but would not make the WIDE stuff an
'official' IPv6 stack for freebsd.

> 	Also, the merger of IPsec part should be done very carefully. (US
> 	export-control issue, as usual...)

Bah. :)

> 	Though we haven't released snapshot for NetBSD yet (we are working
> 	on userland tools right now), it is on NetBSD-1.3.

When do you expect a release and would it be possible to get a kernel only
release diff?

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/