Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 98 06:45:52 -0700
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Executor launch error, can't find libdb?

*From the fingers of Mike Smith
>> I'm attempting to run executor under XInsides' cde on Xaccel on a
>> FreeBSD v2.2.5 system.  When I run executor it errors out:
>>
>> executor: can't load library 'libdb.so.2'
>>
>> I've located the library (from the RedHad distribution of Linux) and
>> placed it in the /usr/compat/linux/usr/i486-linuxaout/lib directory with
>> the libdb.so.1.85.1 file and the libdb.so.1 file that's a link to the
>> 1.85.1 file.
>
>This directory is only searched for a.out binaries; isn't Executor ELF
>these days?

It's both, but I installed the a.out binaries because I wasn't sure about
FreeBSD's support of ELF at this time.

Would I have better luck running the ELF version?

>> I've also run the /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig.  But still executor gives
>> me this same error.  What can I try now?
>
>When you ran ldconfig, did it create a libdb.so.2 symlink?  If not,
>then it hasn't looked in the correct directory, and you may want to try
>making it yourself.

No it didn't, but then again I got a copy of libdb.so.2 from RedHat so I
didn't think I would need a symlink since I have the file.  Also,
according to the info on libdb versions after 1.86 are not compatible
with versions before 1.85, 1.85 is what FreeBSD ships with.

But even with the libdb.so.2 in the directory executor still errors out.
?

-Sean

Sean J. Schluntz                                    schluntz@pinpt.com
Systems Engineer                                   (408) 997-6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                     http://www.pinpt.com