Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 23:58:21 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make world time???/

According to Studded:
> 	I know this question is probably too basic for -current, but I've
> looked the www pages up and down, and I can't find any description of what
> the profiled libraries are, or who needs them.  I assume it's a tool for
> developers, but where can I find some details?

They are standard libraries compiled with '-p' or '-pg'. The compiler
inserts come special code at the entry and exit point of all functions that
increment counters. That way, you can know how many times a function has
been called and so on.

Bruce will without doubt explain it better than I do :-)
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #48: Sat Nov  8 18:08:59 CET 1997