Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 11:06:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rashid  Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Decent P6/200 Mbs - WHERE ?

		Hi there folx,

	So finally we have ASUS's P150 MSs at least in two
	places: on ftp.wcarchive.com and on news.ios.com :) ,
	but I think that jkh@ is concerned too with that
	stupid 4.4Mbs limit currently in ASUS P6 MBs ... looks
	like they will start shipping the updated MBs ( carrying
	the fixed version of ORION chipset) only in April ...

	In the meantime ... where can I get some really decent
	P6 Mb ? Preferably on 200Mhz ? I don't like the idea
	of buying the complete system from say Micron or some
	other vendor and it's impossible to get just a MB from them ?

	BTW, I got the updated BIOS from ASUS for that infamous
	P6RP4 ... and they claim that it will eliminate that
	bottleneck :))) .. real funny. Can't risk the production system
	now :( - the BIOS update looks like rtaher a tricky and dangerous
	thing to do and frankly it's hard to beleive that it will fix
	that problem

	DISCLAIMER:

	the ASUS P6rp4 MB mentioned behaves JUST GREAT! The only
	problem encountered so far is the thing with ORION's bug .

	RAshid