Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 00:33:53 +0200
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        adaml@visimation.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSUP not working

Adam Lofstedt wrote:

> I installed FreeBSD 4.5 from the ISO CD.  I installed the developer
> canned distribution without X.  First I tried to install cvsup by
> typing:
>
> # pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui
>
> It appeared to download and install without a flaw.  I created my
> supfile in /root called supfile-all.  Then, I tried to cvsup by typing:
>
> # cvsup -g -L 2 supfile-all
>
> All I got was:
> # cvsup: command not found

Try
# rehash
after you've installed the package, then do the
# cvsup -g -L 2 supfile-all

Does it work now?

If it does, another way to do about the same thing - but why do it as
rehash works? - is to install your package, then logout, then login
again. Now it should work. I though prefer rehash. :-)

Good luck!

Best regards,
Paul