Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:11:27 +0530
From:      "Anjali Kulkarni" <anjali@indranetworks.com>
To:        <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: inet_aton

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your response. I am new to kernel programming, and so cud u tell
me why it is a bad idea to pass strings to the kernel? Is it due to static
memory is used etc.?
Actually, I am not passing strings to the kernel, I am writing code in
kernel which has a remote server's ip-address string, and I need to connect
to the remote server, so I need to use inet_aton.....

Anjali