Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:58:25 -0500
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Staroffice only runs in root?

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 06:49:16PM -0400, eduardo cerejo wrote:
> I installed staroffice5.1a on FreeBSD 3.4 from the CD that I got from
> Sun and everything went just fine without any errors at all and it runs
> beautifully under root but I can't make it run under 'user'!  Is there a
> trick to this?
---end quoted text---

Works fine for me. This is what I did (perhaps you didn't "make" it for the
user? Let's see.)

1. su -m and then mount cdrom
2. cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice5
3. make USE_CDROM=yes install
4. exit your X session (i.e., log out of your window manager)
5. log in as user (i.e., david for me)
6. cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice5 (yes, cd to here as user)
7. make install-user
8. you're done
--
David Kanter