Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:15:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Lynn <dglynn@vaview5.vavu.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   sio problems on 3.2

I posted the other day about sio problems and
it seems that I'm still having trouble.  Below
is various output for sio (cuaa0).  I'm trying to
get the darn mouse to work ( to get X up and be done
with it!)  but I'm running into problems.  For one,
I can't seem to debug this problem so if ANYONE knows
what I can do at the kernel level to produce a more
detailed message please let me know.

The problem is that moused doesn't seem to work
on cuaa0.  I've looked in /etc/ttys to see if any getty
is on sio0 (in/out) and there doesn't seem to be.  Is
there any thing else I can check that would be locked
on that port?  I haven't installed any progs that use
that port and are loaded up from an rc file.  One
interesting thing from the output of the command:

moused -i all -p /dev/cuaa0:

moused: cannot determine mouse type on /dev/cuaa0
/dev/cuaa0 unknown unknown generic

dmesg:

sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
sio0: type 16550A
sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
sio1: type 16550A

kernel config:

device         sio0 at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4
device         sio1 at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3

stty -a < /dev/cuaa0:

speed 1200 baud; 0 rows; 0 columns;
lflags: -icanon -isig -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoke -echonl
        -echoctl -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho -pendin
        -nokerninfo -extproc
iflags: -istrip -icrnl -inlcr -igncr -ixon -ixoff -ixany -imaxbel ignbrk
        -brkint -inpck ignpar -parmrk
oflags: -opost -onlcr -oxtabs
cflags: cread cs7 -parenb -parodd hupcl clocal -cstopb -crtscts -dsrflow
        -dtrflow -mdmbuf
cchars: discard = ^O; dsusp = ^Y; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
        eol2 = <undef>; erase = ^?; intr = ^C; kill = ^U; lnext = ^V;
        min = 1; quit = ^\; reprint = ^R; start = ^Q; status = ^T;
        stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; time = 0; werase = ^W;

-thanks, Greg