Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:25:41 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Moving chapters around in the Handbook

On Mon 2001-07-16 (18:58), Murray Stokely wrote:
> I would like to move "Chapter 6. The FreeBSD Booting Process" out of
> "Part II System Administration" and into "Part IV Advanced Topics".
>
> I would also like to move "Chapter 13. The X Window System" from "Part
> II System Administration" to the end of "Part I Getting Started".
>
> I think that making a user read 13 chapters before learning how to
> start KDE is going to scare people off.
>
>   Objections?  Better ideas?

I'd prefer it stay near the start (as the author), as it isn't really
all that complicated (except possibly due to my writing style), and it's
something that people often need to understand early on in the process
of learning FreeBSD - possibly even at install time.  But I'm not
particularly motivated to argue about it - do whatever seems
appropriate to most.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner