Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 21:33:14 -0400
From:      "Jonathan D. Proulx" <jon@osfn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installer won't dial

On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 09:42:57AM -0500, Frank Griffith wrote:
> When you see the ppp prompt. type
>
>     term<Enter>
>
> This will get you into the terminal portion of ppp. When you get
> here, you simply use standard AT commands to connect. Just
> type something like:
>
>     atdt 212-345-1212
>
> Of course you'll want to use the phone number of your ISP.

Eureka!
(I had thought term would get me a vt100 emulator after dialing)

Now I have a related problem, the modem dials but:

Phase: deflink: /dev/cuaa3 doesn't support CD
Phase: bundle: Authenticate
Phase: deflink: his = PAP, mine = none
Phase: Pap Output: <username> ******
Phase: Pap Output: <username> ******
Phase: Pap Output: <username> ******
Phase: Pap Input: SUCCESS dropped (got id 1, not 3)
Phase: Pap Input: SUCCESS dropped (got id 2, not 3)
Phase: Pap Input: SUCCESS ()
Phase: deflink: Disconnected!

Shall I continue this course or simply wait till I have a CD to
install from ?

TIA,
Jon
--