Date:      Sun, 7 May 1995 14:29:43 -0400
From:      Gang-Ryung Uh <uh@sed.cs.fsu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-current

Dear All!!!

Finally, I did 'make world' for the current FreeBSD sources & 'recompile
the kernel'  based upon FreeBSD current!!. Now I can safely reboot!!!

First of all, I deeply thanks to all who helped me last night when
I got the 'Fatal error during 'make world'. Without your invaluable help,
I belive that I should have reinstalled the system using the CDROM.

Actually this is my first experience to upgrade. I did not know it took
me more than 5-6 hours to 'make world'. I have not sleeped  much last night.
Frankly speaking, it was horrible experience (imagine after 4 hours of
make, but got the abrupt Fatal Error.)

But I did it!! Now I really feel like I am the real client of FreeBSD.
All the pain I had for last 2-3 days for upgrading turns out te be pure
satisfaction!!!!

Thanks all again!!

--Uh

ps. One more question.
    Since I did 'make world' and built new kernel', is it safe enough
    to issue 'make clear' & 'make cleardir' at the /usr/src?