Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 21:04:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
To:        Keith Leonard <keithl@wakko.gil.net>
Cc:        Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cursing the sky (was: Commerical applications ...)

Anyone who wants my .ctwmrc is free to have it.  I give it freely.  I
give all my .files freely.  I like the fact that I can pick a window
manager, totally customize my environment, etc.  Yes, I have been a UNIX
user/admin for a while.  It's complex, but real usable systems tend to
be.  I don't consider win95 a real usable environment.  I have fairly
standard hardware, and it's not reliable.  OS/2 is rock stable, but no
apps for it.  FreeBSD is the os of choice.  I made it easy for my wife,
but I didn't have to.  She can use win95 or os/2 anytime she wants.  She
uses X to access the net almost exclusively.  I spent much time
customizing that box.  Time that couldn't be spent making win95 as stable
or freindly (to me), simply because the tools don't exist.

Jamie Bowden

Network Administrator, TBI Ltd.