Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:40:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Stingray <chrisd@bsdbox.dynip.com>
To:        Wesley Huber <whuber@calpoly.edu>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: supported hardware and disk space

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Wesley Huber wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:40:07 -0800
> From: Wesley Huber <whuber@calpoly.edu>
> To: "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: supported hardware and disk space
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am interested in obtaining FreeBSD 2.2.8, however, I have a couple of
> questions first.
>
> 1.  I read that for a binary installation it would take about 60Mb of space
> and that for a development install, it would need 340Mb.  Is the
> development system install the same thing as a complete installation, or
> will FreeBSD need more space for a complete install?

	Im not completely sure. But there are 2 options: one for
developement install and one for complete, so I assume they're different

> 2.  I have a TEAC CD-56E Cd-rom, will I have support for this under FreeBSD
> 2.2.8, or will I need to get another Cd-rom?

	I'm not sure here either.  Is it an ATAPI/SCSI? if so, then it
should work

> 3.  Does FreeBSD 2.2.8 include Apache web server?

	Yes.  Its in the ports/packages. Or just download the srces
directly from apache and compile.

> 4. I want to eventually want run my computer as a Unix box using FreeBSD
> and have another computer connect into the Unix box before being able to
> get on to the internet, therefore I need to know if will be able to do this
> with the FreeBSD 2.2.8.

	If I understand correctly, the BSD box is the one connected to the
internet.  Then you could use FreeBSD's user ppp with the alias option, or
use natd (has more features), if you just get assigned one IP addr. If you
have multiple IPs then there's another option (the box would serve as an
actual router), but ive never done this.  You might want to see the
freebsd handbook at the site for more information.