Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:34:24 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSd.org
Subject:   Re: named & chroot & rcNG & devfs

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:31:57 -0800
Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 06:59:31PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > /etc/rc.d/named copies /dev with pax to the named chroot directory. This
> > is obviously wrong with devfs, isn't it?
>
> You should read the script a little closer. That code path is only taken
> on NetBSD.

---snip---
        case ${OSTYPE} in
        FreeBSD)
                ! checkyesno named_rcng && return 0
                # Is the user using a sandbox?
                if [ -z "$named_chrootdir" ]; then
                        rc_flags="-u $nuser -g $ngroup $rc_flags"
                        return 0
                fi

                # Do the following checks only if the user wants them done
                checkyesno named_chroot_autoupdate && chroot_autoupdate
                ;;
---snip---

I read this as:
  If there's a non null named_chrootdir, then check if we want the
  autoupdate, else just run with user/group.

BTW.: What does a '!' as the first character of a command in a /bin/sh
script mean (I know what it means in zsh/tcsh/bash when used
interactively, but the above use of it is unknown to me)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            Yes, I've heard of "decaf." What's your point?