Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:14:01 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Bob Ney <bney@quiknet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: interoperability

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 07:06:59PM -0700, Bob Ney wrote:
> Has anybody tried running Cisco Aironet with Wavelan access points? If both
> strictly adhere to 802.11 it should theoretically work. Can anyone give me
> a reality check on this? I would not even consider this but I tire of
> paying $65 for that stupid little connector cable that Wavelan requires to
> connect to larger antennas. If anyone knows a inexpensive source for those
> cables, I will withdraw this question.

I've done it the other way so it should work since internally all
wireless products I've seen so far containg PC Cards.  Both products are
certified by the Wi-Fi alliance as well.  The only compatability gotcha
I know of is that pre-Cisco Aironet cards appear to be in violation of
the 802.11b spec and thus are non-interoperable though I haven't tested
this extensivly.

-- Brooks