Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:54:28 -0500
From:      Chris BeHanna <chris@pennasoft.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Local repo:  Perforce/CVS integration

    For those of you doing development with Perforce, could you talk a
little bit about how this is done?

    Do you do a cvsup nightly and import that on a vendor branch, then
integrate it into your working tree?  (That sounds like it would work.)
Do you use cvs2p4?  How about going in the other direction (from your
local branches back to the trunk?)

    I'm reasonably well-versed in both CVS and Perforce, and Perforce
just does merging *so* much better than CVS that'd I'd rather use it,
but I'd also rather crib from someone who has a process that's
working, rather than roll my own.

Thanks,
--
Chris BeHanna                      http://www.pennasoft.com