Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:57:24 -0000
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Peter Ulrich Kruppa" <ulrich@pukruppa.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Nautilus 2.24.0 doesn't update folder contents

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:58:16 -0000, Peter Ulrich Kruppa
<ulrich@pukruppa.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I copy a file via ftp or samba on my Desktop or somewhere in my
> home directory this won't be visible in Nautilus or on my Desktop until
> I press the update button.
> I am quite sure this worked automatically within 1 or 2 seconds with
> older versions of nautilus.

I have setup samba stuff here and I can't reproduce it. It appears in
Desktop and home directory as soon as when I dragged on it. My GNOME
desktop is 99% default (1% is samba stuff :-)).

> Is this a bug or some kind of setup mistake?

Not sure. Are you using default setup? If no, then did you select on FAM
instead of gamin? If you did selected on FAM, then you will have to
configure FAM stuff. As for the gamin, you don't have to do anything. Any
error in ~/.xsession-errors or/and /var/log/messages? Maybe try to reboot
your machine?

Cheers,
Mezz

--