Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:09:20 +0200
From:      Wouter de Bie <DeBie@stone-it.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stallion EasyConnect 8/64 and FreeBSD

Hi!

Right now I'm configuring a FreeBSD system with a Stallion EasyConnect
8/64. Since this is the first time I've worked with FreeBSD, I'm trying
to find my way around. I do have my basic UNIX knowledge, because I work
with Linux as a sysadmin.
Now to the point. I read the manual about configuring the system with
the EasyConnect (a multiport board, where you can connect 64 terminals).
I configured the kernel, but the manual says:

        "Add board probe entries into the kernel configurationfile:
        (..) if only using PCI boards then you don't need to enter a
        configruation line,
        the kernel will automatically detect the board at boot up, so
	skip to
        step 5.
        (..)
        5. Build a new kernel using this configuration."

So I compiled the kernel, installed it, rebooted, but the card wasn't
detected. And it gives me:
        "pci0: <unknown card> (vendro=0x124d, dev=0x0002) at 4.0 irq 11"

When I insert "device stl" into my kernelconfig, nothing happens either.
I also tried putting the card into another PCI-slot and also tried the
GENERIC kernel.

Anyone who can help me?

Greetings,

Wouter de Bie