Date:      Tue, 06 Aug 1996 18:38:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Paul N. Cobb" <pcobb@cybernet.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        netbsd-current@netbsd.org, hardware@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: P6 Natoma chipset

  I just bought a P6 200 Mhz with the Natoma Chipset and it is definately
faster moving memory around than the Orion 450 chipset. We've got one of
those also and it it disappointingly slow.

On 06-Aug-96 "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" wrote:
>>I'm going to be buying a 200MHz Pentium Pro and motherboard (probably
>a dual-CPU) in the next week or two.  I know the Orion chipset has
>some nasty bugs (like the 4MB/s PCI bus speed).
>
>Has anyone discovered any horrible bugs in the Natoma (440FX) chipset,
>or is it working well so far?
>
>I also remember reading something about someone having quality
>problems with SuperMicro motherboards.  Any opinions on SuperMicro
>versus ASUS, WRT build quality, reliability, support, and speed?
>
>Thanks for your feedback.

>  Michael L. VanLoon                                 michaelv@HeadCandy.com
>        --<  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free un*x  >--
>    NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, Atari 68k, HP300, Sun3,
>        Sun4/4c/4m, DEC MIPS, DEC Alpha, PC532, VAX, MVME68k, arm32...
>    NetBSD ports in progress: PICA, others...
>
>   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
>                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.

Paul Cobb                                 Research Engineer
pcobb@cybernet.com                        Cybernet Systems Corp.
(313)668-2567                             Ann Arbor, MI

'Is this a special moment or should we be disturbed?' - The Tick