Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 21:30:05 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6

David Greenman writes:
 > >The new TCP/IP protocol IPv6 will be soon on the net.
 > >When could be IPv6 available for FreeBSD ?
 >
 >    Soon? You think that (likely) 5 years from now is "soon"? It hasn't
 > standardized enough yet and there are several competing implementations. It's
 > not clear yet which one is the best.

Not to start a protocol war here but your statements seem to be a little
out of date since IPv6 is standardized today and interoperable implementations
exists, some even running connectable from the current entity known as
The Internet. In addition my assumption is that IPv6 will happen within
the next 24 months to some considerable extent and I would hate to have
to change my OS to Linsux or heaven forbid, Microsoft XXX to get v6 support
within reasonable period.

Pete