Date:      Sat, 31 May 1997 18:10:01 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@dk.tfs.com>
Cc:        Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>, "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk@cybernothing.org>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stopping mailspam without tears...

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote in message ID
<4429.865063405@critter.dk.tfs.com>:
> In message <Pine.BSI.3.95.970530201753.8709B-100000@buffnet11.buffnet.net>, S
> te
> ve writes:
> >
> >I just used smap with the security patches that issue an SMTP 554 error as
> >soon as the from site is identified as a spam only site.

> This I belive is not a good solution.  They will just move on to the
> next sucker mail-relay on their list.

Especially when (if you read the license for FWTK closely) you cannot
use any component of the FWTK in a situation where the company
generates revenue. I think people would be hard pressed, at an ISP, to
say their mail servers don't generate revenue for the company. It is
one reason why I refuse to touch the TIS FWTK port these days, even to
update it. I'm less than impressed with their license.

Gary