Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:33:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp (Michael Hancock)
Cc:        Matthew.Alton@anheuser-busch.com, FreeBSD-fs@FreeBSD.ORG, Scott.Smallie@anheuser-busch.com, Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Filesystem Development Toolkit

> Oh, and how could I forget, Terry Lambert would also have a lot of ideas
> in this area as well or he might just yak and be a general pain in the
> ass.  ;-) which is about all I have time to do these days.

It's always annoying when someone tells you your existing abstractions
don't match your design documents, isn't it.?

It's even more annoying when you don't have time to review the changes
proposed to fix this with a suffient eye towrads the big picture that
the changes actually make it in...

}B-).

Meanwhile, I still have a system with an OS image from June of last
year that can support user space FS developement (but which would have
a hell of a time with VM proxie, which would need a total rewrite)
and a rudimentary GFS/JFS implementaiton that can read AIX disks
enough to load /bin/sh.

8-P.

I'm still willing to code if you're willing to commit.  I guess FreeBSD
-current can be though of as considerably stable at this point, so now
is probably a good time to do this.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---