Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 23:00:25 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Vinay Bannai <vinay@agni.nuko.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI ethernet driver clarification??

>Thanks for your response. But my question was how do I get hold of the map
>of the internal parameters on the card mapped to the memory? Meaning what
>do each of the bit fields in the fxp_cb_config mean? Does Intel make such
>information public and what is procedure to get this information from
>vendors?

   The programming manual is available from Intel under an NDA. I was able to
get the manual via a special inside arrangement and didn't have to sign an
NDA...but this special arrangement will probably never happen again.
   The bitfields are described in the device driver where they are
initialized.

-DG

David Greenman