Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 23:29:13 -0400
From:      "John" <j.telford@sympatico.ca>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, <dgkerr@juno.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Several questions to ask

You are right, it should go to questions.
I'll give you some quick answers, I'm not being rude, just tired, John.

> I have several question to as, some related and some not.  I presume they
> should go to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.
>
> DO I break them up into several questions, or submit them all in one
> message.

If they relate then keep them together and make sure the subject line on the
topic is clear. If no one responds in a couple days then re phrase or break
it up into individual queries.

> For instance,
> 1.         I want to know if you can CVSup a single port source i.e
> openssh, rather than the whole security directry.

Yes you can do just a single port. there are some good articles on the www
and some examples that were probably put on when you ran the install. Check
the port you want to install, it may depend on other ports and you will want
to update those too.

> 2.         If I get only a port update, do I need to do a buildworld and
> makeworld?

None that I have ever done has required a makeworld..

> 3.         How do I determine which version of SSH I am running, SSH,
> SSH@, or openSSH

type in  ssh -V

> I have more.  Should these all be separated out into individual mesage
> questions or bundles toghether?

see above ;)