Date:      Tue,  2 Apr 2002 07:54:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Johann Frisch <jrf@subdimension.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Enhance online reading.

On 02 Apr 2002, Jan-Mark Wams <jms@cs.vu.nl> wrote:

> I think the handbook is great!
>
> It is not the content I would like to call your attention to,
> but rather the way the online version can be browsed.
>
> I use the keyboard to navigate the pages. But I always grab
> the mouse to klick on "next".
>
> (snip navigation workaround)

There is an "official" way to do it and the FreeBSD handbook uses
it:
<link rel="PREVIOUS" title="FreeBSD Handbook" href="
    index.html">
<link rel="NEXT" title="Getting Started" href="p277.html">

With Mozilla you can go forward/backward with ALT-N/ALT-P. ALT-U
takes you up one level and and ALT-H back home to the first page.
In IE6  (didn't test older versions) these keyboard shortcuts
activate the Previous/Next/Up/Home links and you just have to press
RETURN. No need for forms or yucky JavaScript.
--
MfG,
Johann