Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:16:31 -0500
From:      Spikeman <spikeman@myself.com>
To:        Martin Von_Schantz <ikaros_net@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: trouble with telnet login

I have seen this happen also, but it has only happened on a FreeBSD 4.1
system. and it doesnt happen all the time just at random odd times.
Tho I can always ssh in fine.

Martin Von_Schantz wrote:

> Hi, I have a small problem. This problem occurs when I try to login using
> telnet to my FBsd machine.
> After I've typed in my login and password, the prompts just freezes for a
> couple of minutes. It feels like it is waiting for a timeout of some sort
> but I don't have any idea of what might be wrong.
> After about 2 minutes the shell starts as if nothing had happened.
>
> Ftp and apache respond in an instant so I don't tink it has anything to do
> with ip/nameserver timeout.
>
> I run with the following configuration:
> 2 ethernet cards with "firewall enable".
> telnetd, proftpd, samba, Apache, bind, dhcpd and sshd.
>
> Any thoughts or "fix's" to this problem would be very welcome.
>
> /Martin von Schantz

     ___
    /\  \ Freedom is the right to grow, is the right to blossom,
   /::\  \
  /:/\:\  \ Comments or Questions email spikeman@myself.com
/\ \:\ \:\__\      Spikeman     spikeman@myself.com
\:\ \:\ \/__/        http://www.spikeman.net
 \:\ \:\__\        Find Me On EFNET /whois Spikeman
  \:\/:/  /
   \::/  / Freedom is the right to be yourself, to be who you
    \/__/ are, to be who you wanna be, to do what you wanna do.