Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:11:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trademark?

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Brian Raynes wrote:

> Have that officially dumped Freebsd completely?  The box set at the
> local CompUSA still has Wind River's logo for release 4.4.  I'd like to
> see where they've announced the dumping of Freebsd completely. I

Have a look at my article at
http://www.bsdtoday.com/2001/October/News572.html

> remember that most of the developers were laid off.  Otherwise, I would
> also second the idea that the trademark be preserved.

Also from the article:

 According to Wind River: "Wind River plans to ensure continuation of the
 altruistic, open stewardship of the FreeBSD trademark. We feel strongly
 that the FreeBSD project must be protected and encouraged and that a
 FreeBSD trademark in the wrong hands could be very detrimental. We
 continue to search for the best solution. No specific third-party has yet
 been determined, but transfer to a suitable third-party is the leading
 option being considered."

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/