Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 95 21:36:59 CST
From:      Mike Heitmann <mike@hpanalog.mdc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SLIP routing

Hello

I'm trying to set up a SLIP connection to my FreeBSD machine that will
route to the LAN it's also attached to.  The slip connection to the
FreeBSD machine works great.  I can telnet, ftp and ping to/from the
SLIP connected machine.  I've recompiled my FreeBSD kernel and
added the options gateway statement as described in the FAQ, and the
FreeBSD machine forwards the packets to the correct IP address on the LAN
(I can see it on a LAN analyzer).  My problem is, I can see the target
machine responding to the FreeBSD machine on a network analyzer, but the
FreeBSD machine is not forwarding the packets to the machine connected
via slip.  Anyone know what I've got configured wrong?

Thanks,
Mike Heitmann
Internet: mike@hpanalog.mdc.com