Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 02:30:14 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Phantom mail in local queue

Root keeps getting this fanmail from the system:

Mail in local queue:
                Mail Queue (1 request)
--Q-ID-- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient------------
CAA18526* (no control file)

Yet /var/spool/mqueue is empty and sendmail has no outstanding
requests. So what queue might this be?

Tried to find files by that name:

root:/usr/src/sys/i386/conf# find / -name "*CAA18526*" -print
root:/usr/src/sys/i386/conf#

but to no avail.

Hm. Since I'd delete the mail I waited to make sure I'ld still
be getting it. I did not. This time I got:

Mail in local queue:
                Mail Queue (1 request)
--Q-ID-- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient------------
CAA22435* (no control file)

root:/usr/src/sys/i386/conf# find / -name "*CAA22435*" -print
root:/usr/src/sys/i386/conf#

What and where are these mails it complains about. How can I get
prevent this from occurring all the time?

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.